Requirements: 3 pool session; 2 days of open water dives; completion of self-guided study program
· Minimum age 18,
· Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification*
· Provide proof of Advanced Adventure Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives
Note: *CPR/AED, O2, ,1st Aid courses may be combined with the rescue program by qualified instructors.
The Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self-rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes. After the Rescue Diver Course you can enroll in the Master Scuba Diver Development Program or start in the professional ranks and sign up for the Dive Master Course. This course if for:
· Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
· Any certified advanced adventure diver or advanced diver who would like to advance in dive training
· Anyone interested in becoming a dive leader
Day & Time: Tuesdays 8:00 - 10:00 pm
Pool Session Dates: Jan 24, 31, Feb 7
Day & Time: Thursdays, 8:00 – 10:00 pm
Pool Session Dates: Jan 19, 26 Feb 2
Day & Time: Tuesdays 8:00 – 10:00 pm
Pool Session Dates: Mar 21, 28, April 4
Day & Time: Thursdays 8:00 – 10:00 pm
Pool Session Dates: Mar 23, 30, April 6
Additional Class Information
Self guided study course with required attendance at pool sessions.
Open water dives must be arranged on your own schedule. The instructor will present more information and schedule options for open water dives.
for book/study kit $60; instructor will provide further information for
purchasing study materials once class begins